Monday, October 17, 2022

When milk runs take a turn

Forest on fire
London, ON
October 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


We were out of milk.

So for some reason apparent only to me, the occasion called for a walk, not a drive, to the grocery store. Planet Earth, good health, and all that, right?

For some other reason, I needed to pick the furthest-away grocery store. Because logic obviously has no place in my brain.

I also tossed the camera into my backpack, because I figured there might be something fun along the way.

As I wandered back from the store, the chilled carton of moo juice comfortably weighing down the bag over my shoulder, I detoured through the woods and came across a few worthwhile flashes of color. I couldn’t not stop and snag a few frames.

I’ve used the term “in-between moments” for years, and I think it applies here, as well. Life is filled with stuff that needs doing, which doesn’t always allow us the luxury of carving off huge amounts of time to engage in trivial fun. But if we find a way to creatively mix the trivial fun into the everyday, maybe we’re on to something.

Indeed, maybe I need to find grocery stores even further from home.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #tree #trees #autumn #color #colors #orange #leaves #branches #medway #valley #heritage #forest #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #canon #canonphotography #canon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

No comments: