Thursday, September 14, 2023

Viper gets a primo parking spot

Waiting
London, ON
September 2023
This photo originally shared on Instagram


As promised - or threatened - I went to an air show last Sunday.

Many, many photos were taken. So many, in fact, that it’ll be a while before I can sift through them and process them through my usual workflow (it’s a thing, I’m a bit obsessed, but I’ve been told it’s not contagious.)

I did manage to grab a few quick ones from the morning’s static display. It was drizzling a bit, and I was trying to keep my camera from getting soaked, so I stuck with the iPhone until things dried up.

Thankfully Mother Nature ultimately cooperated and allowed me to flail my Nikon with reckless abandon for the rest of the day. It was glorious.

I have a thing for the F-16 Fighting Falcon (aka Viper). This one’s a C model, and whatever the generation, there’s an aesthetic to this airframe that seems to tug at my soul every time I’m around one.

It seemed almost peaceful as it sat quietly on the flight line, biding its time until it could return to the skies.

Soon enough, Viper. Soon enough.

More to come…

@airshowlondon #ldnont #london #airport #ontario #canada #SkyDrive #AirShowLondon #aviation #lockheedmartin #usaf #f16 #falcon #viper #fighter #flight #aircraft #avgeek #aviationphotography #photography #planespotting #instaplane #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #apple #iphone #shotoniphone

Related:
Viper over London, August 2021
The tip of the spear, December 2020
Viper trio, May 2020
Viper at rest, September 2017

No comments: