Friday, September 22, 2023

Subway shooting

Going somewhere
Toronto, ON
September 2023
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Scene from a subway platform on a Sunday afternoon.

This isn’t really a “big” picture kind of picture, but I’ve never been that kind of photographer, anyway. While everyone else crowds around the same scenes, I’m usually poking my nose and my lens somewhere else, taking the kinds of photos that wouldn’t have been on anyone’s shot list.

I guess I’m just weird that way. Assuming that “weird” aligns with wanting to see the ordinary things everyone else ignores, or the everyday folks going about their everyday lives, the things and places and people that - or who - normally wouldn’t have their stories told.

It’s just that some stories are smaller than others. Doesn’t make them any less worthy or compelling, though.

Whoever this person is, I hope he enjoyed the Tim’s coffee and the soundtrack that played as he drank it. I also hope he got where he was headed safely.

In the end, this moment mattered to him. Which I guess makes it more than big enough.

#toronto #yyz #ontario #canada #ttc #subway #urban #city #wilson #station #transit #street #streetphotography #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

Related:
Life moves too fast, August 2012

No comments: