Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Life moves too fast

Metro in blur
Montreal, QC
July 2012



















This picture reflects how I feel these days: In perpetual motion. While my days have always been delightfully full, lately they seem to be, um, fuller. Which is a good thing, because I'd rather be chewing through a mountain of stuff than sitting in a quiet home office wondering when the phone is going to ring.

Thankfully, the phone always rings. Likewise, the inbox always fills up, the Twitter account constantly pings with activity, and I'm never alone despite the fact that I work with a dog at my feet. I'm rather enjoying this, even if I'm still having trouble balancing workload and sleep. Manyana...I'll figure it out eventually.

Your turn: How do you balance the work/life thing? What's your secret?

Yes, about this picture: We're exploring parallelism this week. Click here to share yours. And as I look at this shot, I realize how silly it was to be as close to the onrushing Metro (Montreal subway) train as I was. Sure, I was braced up against the end of the platform, but still, I'm expecting a call from my mother-in-law any minute now. Next time, I'll use a longer lens.


3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Life needs a slow pill.
~

Bernie said...

Oh I totally agree... Life is definitely moving just way to fast!!!

Before to long, we will all be (much) old(er) and grey without even knowing it!

I like your pic, and in fact, it reminded of my recent time in Praha, Prague! See what I mean...

Prague Metro - Malostranská

Kranky Granny said...

Honestly, I'm so busy in retirement that I can't begin to recall how I juggled everything back in the days when: I not only had a home, husband, small child and two jobs. Plus, was the primary caretaker for several elderly and senile family members.

You just prioritize and do what you can and somehow it all works out.