Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stairway to heaven? Not quite.

Cast in not-quite-stone
Toronto, ON
February 2012
Please click here for more grey-themed Thematic




















This edge-on shot reminds me of the now-famous photo of Apple's MacBook Air. Except for the fact that a) it lacks a MacBook Air, and b) it lacks anything approaching the artistry of the original. I suppose I could always reproduce the shot, but then I'd end up with a me-too photo and a scratched laptop. No thanks.

Still, I kept coming back to this stairway as we watched a friend's son's hockey game, and I grabbed this quick shot before we left. Of course, the parents in the stands seemed to find it mighty odd that a strange guy was pointing a camera away from the ice. But there's a certain je ne sais quoi about stairs in any form, and I wasn't about to let this industrial concrete example fade into memory.

Your turn: Where do these stairs lead? Go on, be creative!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Your and my definitions of "famous" vary greatly. I have never seen that MacBook Air photo until clicking your link today. My wife and I heard the song "Beat It" last night on the radio. Now, that's famous.

Kranky Granny said...

It may sound morbid, but, the first thing that came to mind when I saw these stairs was the stairway of the twin towers on September 11th.

I could see the feet and legs of my cousin and all the people trying to escape that inferno.