Thursday, August 09, 2012

On life behind the camera

"If I didn't have my camera to remind me constantly, I am here to do this, I would eventually have slipped away, I think. I would have forgotten my reason to exist. And I still need the camera because it is the only reason anyone is talking to me."Annie Leibovitz
Ms. Leibovitz's words resonate with me. Every time I hold my camera, every time I sit down in front of my laptop, set my fingers on the keyboard and close my eyes...it means so much more than work. It defines who I am, and the life I lead.

I guess I'm just lucky.

3 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

you are!

I told a friend last week that i love my camera because i see the world, but the world doesn't see me, still there is proof that i'm here. Absolutely hate having my picture taken.Probably says more about me than i should admit LOL

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

that's nice to hear.
it's a good thing to love what you do. to BE who you are.
to be ABLE to DO what makes you happy.

have a very nice weekend!

darlin said...

Carmi when we can do something which we can connect to on a deeper level, I would call this being blessed. When we can become intoxicated and our hearts dance from passion, we have found our gift(s) I believe... and when we do, what a feeling!

Have a heart dancing weekend! :-)