Monday, November 22, 2004

More glimpses of the grocery store

I couldn't resist once again pulling out my camera on my last visit to the supermarket. As I learn the ins and outs of our digital camera, I'm getting better at overriding the idiot-proof auto-everything features (darn them!) Specifically, I've learned how to disable the flash and use available light instead. This increases my stealth factor and reduces the possibility of an apron-clad store employee busting me for fruity photography. Or vegetably. I know it's not a word, but it sort of fits here.

My wandering eye found some pretty neat bursts of color in the vegetable and fruit bins. I had our younger two kids with me on this trip, and as we wheeled around the corner and spotted the vegetable shelves, they said the orange pepper would look nice in a picture. My daughter then gave me a knowing smile as I quietly pulled the camera from my trench coat pocket (the right attire is critical for grocery store commando photography) and set up for the shot.

Not only were they correct (that orange just gets me!) but their suggestion proves they have already started thinking like me, spotting pictures in the most mundane of places. I don't know about you, but that both scares and excites me.

I'd best go now, since this is making me hungry.

5 comments:

The Narcissist said...

Yum, looks delish. Nice job :)

Unknown said...

Love the pics. Your daughter has a great eye!

Jamie said...

Your lucky, neither of my kids has succumbed to my attemtps at the mini me experiments...

carmilevy said...

Go Wheelson! I can't wait to see what your roving eye comes up with.

"Fruitography" - what a great word!

Amelia said...

Hehe.. I got a laugh out of picturing you discretly slipping your camera out of the trench coat in the middle of the fruit and veg section!!

What a sight that would have been...

Great photography as usual Carmi :)