Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Quoted - National Post (!)

The good news is I've been quoted in Canada's National Post newspaper. The article is entitled Abandoned buggies litter the Internet, and it was published last Friday (April 22nd).

In the article, I share my thoughts on web site shopping cart abandonment. It's one of those unseen costs that can really damage an organization's bottom line, and all because too little attention has been paid to the end user's/client's web site experience. You'd be surprised how easy it is to prompt someone to bail on an online purchase.

The bad news is it sits behind the paper's subscription wall. The link above will take you to the purchase page where you can read the headline and lead paragraph. To get it all, you can either buy the copy electronically, or find a copy at the library. I've done both, but I'm a bit too stacked up with work these days to spend the requisite time with my scanner. I'll try to get to it over the next couple of days so I can post snippets here.

Apparently, the coolness of a writer's life continues.

No comments: