Sunday, April 10, 2005

Vacation images - ducky revisited

When we drove to Florida last December, we did not deliberately set out to photograph ducks. For some reason, however, avian life seemed to cross our path with the regularity of a grandfather clock. In this case, we came across a family of scovie ducks cutely waddling across the road of my in-laws' development.

I was busy driving at the time, so I intelligently kept my hands away from the camera. Having my wife sternly repeat the phrase, "Keep your hands away from the camera," as I slowly drove our van past the happy ducks may also have had something to do with it.

But when I later came across the same family of birdies while on a morning stroll, I carefully approached and snapped away. Here, Dewey (he didn't run away when I called him that, so I'm just assuming that's his name) shows me his (her?) perching technique. For the record, this one didn't become our dinner. Not kosher.

No comments: