Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Putting on my tech guru hat

Over the past few weeks, I've had some interesting bits of media exposure. I like to drop them onto the blog periodically to ensure I don't forget what I've been up to. Here's a quick sampling:
Wall Street Gets Sour BlackBerry Taste
Verizon Opens Its Network
Verizon's Open Move Hastens Wireless Market Transformation
I'm also scheduled to be included in Outlook 2008, a year-end special that's airing repeatedly on Business News Network through the holiday season. It's scheduled to air a bunch of times over the holiday period, first one set for tomorrow (December 12 at 8:00 p.m. ET.) I'll post a link to it once it's available online. I'll be discussing RIM and the future of the BlackBerry.

Your turn: Why does technology interest us? Or not?

One more thing: 47 years ago tonight, a young man married a young woman in a ceremony that I always thought had been held in black and white. It's been a journey and and then some for them, touched with healthy doses of adversity and happiness. Because of this one event, I exist. Happy anniversary, Mom & Dad. I wish I had the power to give you 47 more.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

47 years is a long time, Happy Anniversary to your parents! I hope for that long. :)

Joan said...

47 years is quite an achievement. May all marriages be blessed with such dedication. Happy (belated) anniversary to your parents!

Rachel said...

That was beautiful!!
Aren't you sweet. I hope we live long enough to make it to 47 years... this year will be 7! Here's to 40 more.
Congratulations to your mom and dad!!
They truly know that After The I Do's is when the real fairytale begins.
Congrats on all your mentions!!!

Kerri Farley said...

FANTASTIC Accomplishment!!
Congrats to your Ma and Pa!

Snaggle Tooth said...

New technology fascinates the curious, having had previous good experiences using gadgets. Each person wants to make a subjective evaluation of the goods!
Since the onset of the Industrial Revolution, invention has been the most decisive driving factor of world economy. The right new thingy can make a billionaire out of a begger. (I hope I'm next).

Thank God for Albert Einstien and the invention of the washing machine...

Happy Year to the Happy Couple with the popular son!
Happy Holiday also!