[Click here for instructions on how Caption This works]
Deerfield Beach, Florida
[Click to embiggen]
Few things tick me off more than people who litter. That they can't take a couple of extra seconds to clean up after themselves speaks volumes about who they are. There's something to be said for those who respect the environment around them. And for those who don't.
So when I came across this forlorn water bottle on the beach, I thought it made an interesting comment on a number of levels. Now I'll turn things over to you to divine a caption or two. Hang on...
Your turn: Please caption this image. As always, assistance from friends and family members - even ones you despise - is welcome and encouraged. Submit as many captions as you wish. Winner will be announced next week. Click the Comment link below and have fun!
About last week's candle-lit scene: I don't want y'all to think I'm a wannabe-arsonist or something. But I really do love the soft glow of a candle's flame. As always, all six of my regular readers failed to disappoint, coming up with the following honorable menschens:
- Judy: "This little light of mine....I'm gonna' let it shine.."
- Steve: "Paraffinity" and "Light switch."
- Robin: "Just add cake."
- Awareness: "It only takes a spark to keep the fire burning...."
- MissMeliss: ""
- Sister AE: "Baruch ata adonai." (Note from Carmi: this is how Jewish blessings all begin. It means "Bless you, God"
- Anne: "Friday Night Lights"
- Tiel Aisha Ansari: "Post tech light bulbs"
For now, start churning on this week's picture and please return often to try your luck. I'll announce the winner next Sunday.