Please caption this image
[Click here for instructions on how Caption This works]
London, Ontario, March 2008 [Click to embiggen]
Elmo has always been my favorite Muppet, and not because he speaks about himself in the third person. He has a certain je ne sais quoi, a spirit about him that somehow reaches a little deeper into my soul.
Told you I'm odd that way.
So when I came across an old Happy Meal toy under the pillows of our sofabed (a story for another day, I promise), I couldn't resist taking out the camera and capturing the little plastic man-child for posterity.
Now, over to you...
Your turn: Please caption this image. Be as wackily creative as you wish and feel free to submit multiple entries. As you know, I encourage that sort of thing. I'll take submissions until next Sunday, at which point I'll announce the grand victor.
About last week's image of the red-jacketed lady walking through a run-down back alley: She may be anonymous, but she nevertheless garnered lots of interest. I wonder if, wherever she is right now, her ears are burning. Hmm, maybe I'll have to go back to the scene of the crime and stake it out. Whatever. This week's honorable menschens go to the following really neat folks:
- Katya: "One lap down, another 5 to go."
- Craziequeen: "My Life, in Ruins"
- Bob-kat: "I'm sure I left my car here!"
- Jacie: "I can't see the wood for the trees"
- Michael Manning: "City Council to discuss Failed Urban Renewal Programs"
- Sara: "My own personal art gallery"
- Robin: "Familiarity breeds attempt"
- Sara (no relation to the other Sara): Lost
- Vanessa: "Crumble corner"
- Moi: The opening chorus from Boulevard of Broken Dreams