[Click here for instructions on how Caption This works]
London, Ontario, April 2008 [Click to embiggen]
Have you noticed how parking lot kiosks have been slowly giving way to automated ticket machines? In a way, it's sad. In another way, who cares? It's not like the now-unemployed, CO-breathing cashiers ever really added value to the parking experience. In most cases, I swear they were lookouts for the rings of auto thieves, and called in the tow trucks as soon as the owner disappeared into an adjacent building.
But I digress.
I couldn't pass up a shot of this forlorn booth in the middle of a pockmarked downtown parking lot. Assuming I'd ever park here - not bloody likely, but you never know - I wouldn't know which sign to read first.
Your turn: I'm hoping you can suggest a pithy, funny, edgy caption for this photo. As always, multiple submissions are encouraged and welcome. I'll name the winner next week.
About last week's image of Elmo: Lots of Sesame Street fans out there, apparently. Which is good. Sesame Street is, after all, a core pillar of North American culture. Except for Mr. Hooper's meth lab, that is. I always had my doubts about that guy. But enough about misguided geriatric Sesame Street alums. This week's honorable menschens go to:
- Bradley: "Aaargh tickle me elmo, matey!"
- R. Sherman: "Look! I only have three fingers."
- Jacie: "..and I used all the money you lent me to buy this invisible box! Here - you have it..."
- Heidi: "Elmo was inside Carmi's sofabed for THIIIIIS long!"
- Anne: "Elmo can breathe again....Elmo thanks you."
- Thumper: "...and the fish was THIS big!"
- Killired: "The simple life"
- Me: "My name is Elmoandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
- Omykiss: "Now look at me ... I shouldn't have drunk all that carrot juice!"
- Carli: "Elmo trapped under sofa bed long time. Elmo suing your @ss for emotional destress."
- Robin: "Red Headed Pep Child"
- Shoshana: "You got problem with that?"
- Sister AE: "Elmo not sure that breathing lint is good for Elmo's lungs! Hee-hee-hee!"
If you want to go risque with this week's photo, have at it. Enjoy!