- Every Wednesday evening, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...closeup.
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry.
- You may post one per day, many per day, one each day of the entire week, whatever suits your fancy. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too. I want this thing to being photographic happiness to lots of people - and I need your help.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Thematic Photographic 15 - Closeup
London, ON, September 2008 [Click to embiggen]
I grew up in the world of the wide-angle shot. You may already be familiar with the scene: little, itty bitty people - often relatives - lost in the middle of an incredibly wide vista. The wider, the better. I have vacation shoeboxes filled with them, and they're priceless.
But as I got familiar with my own photo chops, I started leaning in a little, looking more closely at the small stuff that few people bother to shoot. I enjoy macrophotography because you never quite know what you're going to get. The process of composing and shooting macro is also quite good for the soul. Well, my soul, anyway. I work quietly, alone, thinking through the various technical bits of turning something small and weird and intriguing into a scene that anyone can enjoy.
So this week's Thematic Photographic theme is closeup. I'd like you to zoom in on the small stuff that surrounds you, to find the weird and wonderful and share it in lots of closeup photos over the next week. Here's how Thematic Photographic works:
Your turn: I'll stop yakking now so you can get shooting. I look forward to seeing macro through your lenses! If you're looking for some closeup inspiration, please click the macro label here for some past closeup work.