Monday, September 20, 2010

Shattered

There's a story behind this rather beaten up piece of technology, but I'll spare y'all the details as I suspect it'll be of interest to, um, no one.

But I thought it made a neat spectacle all the same. Shattered screens have a bizarre appeal, and for the life of me I can't figure out what that appeal is (please enlighten me if you've got any thoughts on this.)

What occurred to me as I shot this with the admittedly limited camera in my BlackBerry, though, is how temporary these things are. Broken items don't stick around long before they get tossed, so you either snap 'em while you can or lose the moment forever.

This particular example was part of my life for all of three minutes, so I hope this lameoid photo sticks in my brain a little longer than that. I guess we all need the occasional reminder of how fragile things - and life - can be.

Your turn: It's been a while since we did the caption thing, so in the interest of informal Monday fun, have at it. How would you caption this photo?

15 comments:

fredamans said...

Meet yet another electronic device that escaped Graceland.

21 Wits said...

In That Lost Dim Time When.....

Ginny Hartzler said...

Peace.

Ankita Sarkar said...

Daddy! Spiderman went black and white!

broken lightswitch said...

And, that's how we broke up.

Jean said...

Perfect Aim!

Serendipity said...

Ray of light bursting out of gloomy grey clouds!!

painterchic said...

It's a flower skeleton!

Laura said...

Oh my hahahaha.

brooklynlive said...

"The Pioneer's last shattered journey"

little thoughts said...

"Struggling, to hold it all together"

Shattered is on the thin line between broken and unbroken - isn't it a struggle to hold it there, don't you think?

Brad said...

HAHA Burglar FAIL!

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

I'm sorry I don't have a snarky sassy caption for your photo! Just a thank you for you sweet comment on my little ole blog you found through Melanie:) Thank you for your thoughtful words...I SO appreciate it! And I'm loving your cool little space over here. Your writing is just divine...seriously you have a gift darlin!

Unknown said...

I wonder what happens if I touch it here...

How to seduce a woman said...

very simply explained. It is indeed an art to read & stop new visitors with your attractive writing style. I am really impress from your posted information. Thanks for sharing.