Friday, September 03, 2010

Thematic Photographic 113 - Transportation


Where the rubber hits the road
Laval, QC, August 2010

For the coming week, I'm hoping we'll share perspectives on the things that help us get from one place to another. While cars are easy targets of opportunity, don't feel compelled to limit yourselves to them. In my own archives, I've got a pile of bike, aircraft and even kayak photos that may or may not show up here in the days to come.

What have you got?

Your turn: Please share a transportation-themed photo on your blog, then post a link to it in a comment here. Participate as often as you wish. And if you've already got something that you posted online a while back, feel free to share that, too. For more background on how Thematic Photographic, our weekly photo sharing extravaganza, works, please click here. To see all TP-tagged entries, click here. Oh, and have fun with it. Because that's the point of this entire exercise.

16 comments:

Mojo said...

Well my thoughts turned immediately to this shot when I saw the prompt. But I'm sure I can find a few others in the archives somewhere.

In fact, I can already think of one from last weekend that would make a suitable candidate.

This is the kind of bike I fancy. I know the fat-tank Harley and its clones is in vogue and all, but there's something so very "Dr. Strangelove" about these ridiculously overpowered crotch rockets that just ... appeals to me.

Pietrek67 said...

I like it.

But what about mine

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

for starters .....

CorvusCorax12 said...

I don't have a lot in the way of transportation, so here is mine

fredamans said...

Love bikes!

http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/09/thematic-photographic-transportation.html

sage said...

I just posted a post with a number of train shots in it!

janie said...

That's a very clean machine you've got there, cool perspective.
Mine is more about the transported:)
http://janies-rainy-day.blogspot.com/2010/09/thematic-photographic-transport.html

CorvusCorax12 said...

hi carmi, the bricklin was at the saint john museum, you are right about the history ....my husband still goes on a rant about the
aero (?)

Catherine said...

I have some historic transportation of a rather more humble kind here

smarmoofus said...

Well. Seems I accidentally participated in my first Thematic Photographic in months. Go me! Thanks for visiting me, Carmi. It's been a while, but I hope to get back into the blog of things soon. I was a bit more preoccupied than I expected to be during my earlier travels. I still am, but now I've figured out how to post from my phone. The image quality is lacking, but my composition skills are put to the test since I can't crop and edit.

-smarmoofus

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

nice shot Carmi.

very apt for us as a family at the moment.

Here is Mine

Vicki said...

Hey Carmi!

My first time posting here. Mine is not like the rest. It's one of our favorite modes of Transportation on those HOT, LAZY summer days.
http://vickijf.blogspot.com/2010/09/thematic-photographic-113.html take a look

srp said...

My transportation picture is way off the beaten path, in more ways than one. But... shoes are made for walking.

Melanie said...

My submission: locomotive

Mona Sweden said...

It's been a while since I participated. Here's my post at the last minute!

Lai said...

A car encountered on the streets of NYC:

http://newyorkprism.blogspot.com/2010/09/herbie-fully-loaded.html

Lai
http://newyorkprism.blogspot.com