Friday, September 24, 2010

Tea time in London


Leftovers
London, ON, September 2010

Normally I don't dwell on messy plates. But this post-tea-bag scene almost begged for it. At least that's what I lamely told my wife as I interrupted dessert and brought out the camera.

As it was, I don't think she really agreed with me. And her semi-rolled eyes suggested this was another one of those moments where she'd let me get away with it, but I was pushing it if I asked for anything else.

She knows me too well.

Your turn: We're exploring "still life" as part of this week's Thematic Photographic theme. You can explore it, too. Just go here. And if you've got an extra moment before you click that mouse, feel free to let us know why mugs with hot stuff inside 'em are so appealing.

About this photo: Today's tea-stained moment marks the end of a hyper-busy, uber-eventful week in the Levy household, and it reminds me that I need to make more tea, and I need to spend more time drinking it quietly while surrounded by my family.

11 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

More tea. Splendid idea; off to make some now...

Tracie Nall said...

My daughter and I try to have a little tea time every afternoon. Sometimes it is more of a hot chocolate time, but the warm liquid of any type mixed with taking time to focus only on my daughter for a while and talk is perfection.

Don Larew said...

Tea sounded good...until I got another look at that picture.

Anonymous said...

The Daoists call this yang (activity) transforming into yin (inactivity) and only happens when yang reaches its extreme, so take a deep breath, Carmi and family, and relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Hot tea and hot coffee warm the soul and are comforting...but then again, so is ice-cream. Go figure! I will be doing this challenge in a couple days.

Everyday Goddess said...

That sounds lovely, tea time with the family! Enjoy!

Maude Lynn said...

We wives put up with a lot, don't we?

MorahMommy said...

If I only give you a half eye roll you know you're good to go! :o)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

mmm, drinking a HUGE cup of tea as reading this post...and now I want another straight after...great photo as always...

Jelena said...

The colours and *gradient* in this pic are awesome... you can find inspiration anywhere you look for it I guess. It's always there, the difference is, you took a picture of it. I have a beautiful canon that I bought a year ago but hasn't gotten used much lately (for one excuse or the other). I think your blog has inspired me to pick it up soon and seek out the beauty around me.

Andrey Dorokhov said...

Like a painting!