Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More publishing...

I've been busy with my pen lately, which gives me a good chance to catch you up on things I've recently published, as well as a quick housekeeping change here at Written Inc. First, the new stuff:

Yahoo! Canada Finance:
  • Size does matter when it comes to tablet products (published November 16th). I couldn't resist having some fun with the language, or tossing in a couple of gratuitous Goldilocks references. Bottom line is tablets are going to be huge, and 2011 is shaping up to be a pivotal year. I see lots more tablet writing in my future, but I'll start with this one.
  • Is Microsoft a dinosaur? (published November 8th). Short answer is no, the company is anything but extinct. MS has, in fact, been doing some pretty cool stuff (hello, Kinect) to position itself for the post-Windows and post-Office world.
The Toronto Star:
  • Move over iPhone and BlackBerry. Here comes Android (published November 5). Google's Android mobile operating system is now more popular in the U.S. than Apple's iPhone and RIM's BlackBerry. How did this upstart seemingly come out of nowhere to lead the market? The article explains all.
  • I believe there's another print-only Facebook Messaging piece in today's paper - if any Torontonians have a copy and want to take a peek, let me know. Finding it in my 'burg is proving to be a cast iron, um, challenge.
Oh, the housekeeping thing. Almost forgot. If you look at the top of the blog, right below the banner, you'll notice a line of links...Home, About, Contact, etc. I've added links for Yahoo! and the Star here to more easily track my latest published work. I publish elsewhere, too, so I may yet add stuff in this space over the next little while. Let me know what you think.

Your turn: What bugs you about tech?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whew..Carmi you are one busy man.. Please be taking some down time for you...


nothing is aggravating me today..well nothing i want to discuss or it will then aggravate me and right now, i'm too sleepy..lol!
have a beautiful day tomorrow!!