Friday, July 19, 2013

Power to the people

Zzzt
Milton, ON
May 2013
Click here for more Thematic cloudspotting
The temperature's been soaring all week, which when coupled with high humidity is making the region about as comfortable as a tropical forest. Except we can hang out in a Tim Hortons if we really need to.

The topic of the day, every day, is the weather. And I have to admit I rather enjoy it. If we're whining about the unbearable heat, it means the usual litany of bad news has taken a bit of a breather. And after a year of terrorist attacks, mass explosions and unspeakable criminal activity (in other words, the usual), it's nice to focus on something a little more benign for a change.

I've always enjoyed the aesthetic of high-tension hydro towers. I can't explain their appeal, but I can't resist a shot if I find myself nearby.

Your turn: Do you have any photo subjects that speak to you for reasons you cannot explain?

No comments: