Wednesday, April 23, 2014

On getting one more day

"Have you ever lost someone you love and wanted one more conversation, one more chance to make up for the time when you thought they would be here forever? If so, then you know you can go your whole life collecting days, and none will outweigh the one you wish you had back." 
Mitch Albom, For One More Day
Mr. Albom is, without exception, one of the finest writers on the planet today. If you haven't read his work, which includes the seminal Tuesdays with Morrie, you've been missing out.

This passage begs one obvious question: Do you have a day you wish you could get back?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too many to count.

--Kerry

MorahMommy said...

I'd like one more day to talk to my mom. Xo

Unknown said...

I was on the air in radio the same time Mitch published his book, and I listened to him in the studio a lot. I'm very relieved to say that my Dad and I left no stone unturned in our conversations before he died.