Friday, June 19, 2020

Freezing breakfast in time

Fluffy and very, very temporary
London, ON
March 2009
This photo originally shared on Instagram
I'm an adult, so I no longer play with my food. Much. But I have been known to shoot it with a camera.

To wit, these pancakes. Artfully created out of nothing more than batter and love by my ever-awesome wife. Who waited patiently while I positioned the plate just so in front of the kitchen window and composed this moment. Who puts up with my often-spontaneous outbursts of bizarro creativity, even though she didn't sign up for any of this all those years ago.

So to the uninitiated, these are simple pancakes. But in reality they reflect the story of us, the story we tell every time we gather around the kitchen table and share some time together.

Which hopefully explains why I want to have something to remember - even a silly picture of pancakes - after everything's been put away.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #pancakes #food #foodie #family #life #remember #stilllife #photography #throwback #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #Nikon #nikonphotography #dslr #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: