Saturday, August 28, 2021

Our daughter the artist

Sunflowers by Dahlia
London, ON
August 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


This one of those good news/bad news kind of deals. So let's get into it...

Good news: our daughter is madly, giftedly creative. She painted this, just because, and the first time I saw it, I couldn't stop thinking about the texture. It just pulls you in and sticks with you.

Bad news: you can't have this one.

Good news: because she sold it. Which, as a parent, is another in a long line of moments where we feel nothing but pride for her, for who she's becoming. I remember selling my first creative works - in my case, articles - and being amazed that something I created from nothing possessed value to others, to the point that it could generate revenue. It was amazing then, and it's amazing now.

I'm sure she'll paint others. In fact, I'm counting on it. There's something joyous about being surrounded by things that got their start as spontaneous visions in our daughter's mind. This kid - our kid - has got serious game.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #parenthood #art #paint #painting #stilllife #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

Related:

No comments: