Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Under an angry sky

Ruh roh
London, ON
August 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


The skies were especially angry the other night, so I did what any logically-challenged human would do: I went outside as the thunder intensified.

Because who doesn’t want to be outside in the middle of an electrical storm?

My childlike idiocy notwithstanding, it felt strangely comforting to be standing on the lawn as the atmosphere above churned itself into varying shades of unsettled grey and threatened to unleash Noah's Ark-class levels of rain.

The sky felt alive, with a texture that made me wish I could reach up and touch it. Maybe the tree branches in the corner of the frame felt the same way.

The planet can be an entertaining place if you’re in the right place at the right time. And if wandering into an approaching storm is the biggest risk I take on any given day, I lead a pretty blessed existence indeed.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #weather #wx #storm #onstorm #sky #clouds #monochrome #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: