Monday, February 12, 2024

Hotel room lamp still-life

Light and shadows
Boca Raton, FL
February 2023
This photo originally shared on Instagram


#OneYearAgoToday, a spontaneous still-life photo session took place in a hotel room far from home.

I never quite know when such a session is about to happen. I call them “visions”, and my ever-understanding and patient wife knows that look that I get when one of them pops into my head.

This particular vision involved lamps and walls and reflected light. Something about the way this otherwise ordinary lamp painted the otherwise ordinary wall seemed to speak to me.

I know it sounds strange. But trust me: in my convoluted world, it makes sense and it brings me comfort.

And if this vision thing plays out as it should, I hope it brings you comfort, too.

#bocaraton #florida #throwback #vacation #travel #hotel #lamp #light #reflection #stilllife #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

Related:
Let there be light, December 2009
My daughter's light, February 2008
Light from below, January 2008
Lens meets mirror, December 2006
Shades of blue, April 2006

No comments: