Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Furry couch potato

Thousand mile stare
London, ON
March 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


More often than I dare admit, I’ll stop what I’m doing and just watch our dog, Calli, as she sleeps.

She can nap pretty much anywhere - just curls herself into a ball and nods off.

Or, as she’s done here, she’ll stretch out and drowsily stare back at me.

Whatever her state, I’ll stare back at her and wonder what’s going through her dog mind. Is she dreaming? If so, about what? Other dogs? The squirrel she failed to capture during this morning’s walk? That time I wrestled half a discarded chicken from between her supernaturally locked jaws?

I’ll never know for sure. I just hope that happiness is bouncing around in there. Everyone - including the dog - deserves happiness.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #callitheschnauzer #callithewonderschnauzer #dog #dogs #actofdog #schnauzersofinstagram #schnauzers #dogsofinstagram #monochrome #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #ınstagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

Related:
That Schnauzer stare, December 2023
Boop the snoot, October 2023
Sleepy puppy stare, November 2022
The king at rest, December 2014

No comments: