Wednesday, March 20, 2024

A futile search for frozen chicken

The view from the inside
London, ON
March 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Either there was a serious run on frozen chicken strips last week, or the truck that delivers them was delayed when the driver had a hankering for an A&W Mama Burger combo.

Whatever the reason, it meant the display case had a rare stretch of open space not seen since the Great Early-Pandemic Shortages of 2020.

Which meant it was time to get to work.

Now, this particular photo was taken one row over from my now-infamous run-in with store security years ago. In that earlier case, they weren’t too pleased when I pulled out a DSLR with a long-ish lens near the milk fridge.

Thankfully this shoot was uneventful. I composed the scene from inside the very chilly display case before anyone knew what I was up to. Stealthy smartphone photography is a thing. Who knew?

I’ll add this one to my growing pile of strange-meets-everyday pics. I never know when the little wheels will start turning in my head, but the fact that they turn at all is the only thing that matters.

Now, go let your own wheels turn. Maybe I’ll see you near the frozen chicken section. #ldnont #london #ontario #canada #grocery #store #walmart #frozen #chicken #shopping #retail #stilllife #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded


No comments: