Sunday, February 04, 2024

Frozen orange juice still-life

Quick, before they see me!
London, ON
January 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Many years ago in a grocery store nearby, I pulled my rather large camera out of my backpack and was rather quickly approached by security as I took photos of a freezer case.

I talked my way out of that jam, but still smile whenever we return to the scene of the not-quite-a-crime to replenish our frozen food product supply.

Last week I coincidentally happened to be in the same aisle in the same store. Instead of a giant camera with a long lens, though, I had my smartphone, which made it infinitely easier to raise photographic heck without being summoned to a conversation with the grocery police.

Let the record note: bigger isn’t always better.

I decided to try my hand at weird still-life pics from inside the case itself. Why? Have I ever successfully answered that question? Will I ever?

Probably not.

Be that as it may, a good time was had by all as I played with the angles and successfully warded off both hypothermia and the grocery store police force.

Win-win. It felt like a tiny, overdue middle-finger salute to Sam Walton’s tarnished legacy.

I wonder what other corners of the store might offer up some stealthy still-life adventures. I’ll have to keep looking.

I really hope they aren’t following me on Instagram.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #grocery #store #walmart #frozen #juice #shopping #retail #stilllife #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

Related:
Peppers under glass, November 2020

No comments: