Sunday, March 27, 2022

Are you a rock star?

Drink up. Or not.
London, ON
March 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Fun fact: the first photo I ever took with a digital camera was of a soda can.

If memory serves, I believe it was ginger ale, and I remember looking at the screen on the back of the digicam and thinking that everything was about to change.

So every once in a while, when a certain scene involving an aluminum can - or multiples thereof - presents itself, I find myself thinking back to that moment.

Strange how memories work, no?

Anyway, I found these cans while shopping. I believe they contain an energy drink, which isn’t really my thing. But I liked the somewhat messy view from overhead, and thought it would be a fun fast-shoot subject before we headed toward the checkout.

As subjects go, this one is, at best, meh. Misaligned. Imperfect, frankly.

Then again, aren’t we all?

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #green #sobeys #grocery #store #pop #can #shopping #retail #random #stilllife #monochrome #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

Related:
Please don't shake, March 2013
Bottled disaster, February 2010
Green Coke, January 2007
Diner memories, August 2006
Crushed, December 2005

No comments: