Monday, March 28, 2022

The nose always knows

Ever the helper
London, ON
March 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


The scene: a worn-out interior door lies dirty and discarded on the boulevard grass.

I decide it’s a perfectly trivial spontaneous photo opportunity, and reach for my smartphone to figure out a composition that works.

I’m not alone, as Calli the Wonderschnauzer is conveniently hanging out on a leash whose other end is coincidentally wrapped around my wrist.

As you can see here, she has no intention of standing quietly off to the side while I figure out the shot. I’m lucky indeed to have such a dedicated helper.

Not necessarily the scene I originally had in mind. But as dog people have known since the beginning of time, it helps to just roll with whatever the pup decides.

They’re kind of in charge, after all. And I’m strangely fine with it.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #calli #callitheschnauzer #dog #dogs #schnauzerpuppy #schnauzersofinstagram #schnauzergram #schnauzers #dogsofinstagram #instapuppy #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

Related:
A dog's nose knows, March 2020

No comments: