Sunday, March 20, 2022

Let's roll, shall we?

Ready position
London, ON
March 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Today was a good day to dust off the bike, pump up the tires, and let the rubber hit the road.

The mission was a simple one: get it rolling, spin up my legs, see how it felt, and avoid disaster.

Thankfully I hit those marks. I cruised the bike paths, saw lots of happy people and puppies, and took a few weird pictures along the way.

I didn’t go fast - and no, I won’t be sharing my telemetry here because I’m pretty sure no one cares about my performance metrics. But speed wasn’t the goal. Getting out there was.

So was feeling the air in my lungs, the wind in my ears, the sun on my face, that indescribable feeling you get when you and the bike are just rolling along and everything is right with the world.

You’re out there, and nothing else matters.

So consider this my warning to you that I’ll probably be sharing a few scenes from the road over the next few months. Sorry.

I’m not sure where I’ll end up, or what I’ll see. But in that respect cycling is just like life: a journey none of us can predict. We just hope it’s safe, filled with joy, and charmed.

Ride on, y’all. I hope to see you out there.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #cycling #cyclist #cycle #bicycle #pink #bike #cyclinglife #bikelife #firstride #instabike #random #streetphotography #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

Related:
And we ride... April 2021
Back to 2 wheels, March 2020
The first ride, April 2019




No comments: