Thursday, March 28, 2024

Looking for order among the trees

Twins?
London, ON
March 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Every time I walk through the woods, I peer through the impossibly random chaos of trees and branches and leaves.

And I look for order.

It’s never easy to find. But I walk and look anyway, because I never know when I might stumble across a pleasant surprise, a slice of patterned goodness amid the mess.

Truth be told, I never find patterns or order or predictability. I never find what I seek.

Yet I walk here, again and again, all the same.

Because the goal isn’t so much the final image as it is the process followed in pursuit of that image. And if the image I carry in my imagination is never realized in actual pixels, I’m strangely fine with it.

Because order is overrated. Because the mess before me has virtues of its own. I just need to change my imagination a little to appreciate it.

Hmm…

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #medway #valley #heritage #forest #tree #trees #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded


No comments: