Sunday, March 10, 2024

Listening to the soundtrack of the forest

It speaks to us
London, ON
March 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


We go through phases in life, and that often gets reflected in the things we create along the way. Which is my way of explaining why my feed seems filled with lots of nature and sunset scenes these days.

First, we live close to all this natural beauty, and after years of trying to convince myself to get “out there” more, I’m finally doing just that. And since I usually have a camera in tow, it’s easy to see how that might influence the photography.

Second, nature is a bit of a refuge from a world gone mad. And, yes, you’d be forgiven for thinking Planet Earth has done precisely that in recent years. Life may be beautiful and precious, but it also isn’t always easy.

And when it gets particularly wild, some of us may look for places of quiet reflection - actual, virtual, whatever. So this is one of my places of quiet reflection.

Maybe it makes for repetition, and maybe it doesn’t. Once upon a time I probably would have cared more, or at least done more to break the cycle of sameness and find something different to share. But the sameness IS the story, my story (and possibly the story of so many others, too), so I’m just going to go with it.

Today’s image is one of those moments-of-reflection scenes, where I just stood there and watched the not-so-silent woods slowly shake off the morning fog. It was a comforting thing to do in a comforting place at a time when comfort is so very much needed.

I hope you have similarly comforting places to seek refuge, and similarly comforting scenes to share.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #medway #valley #heritage #forest #tree #trees #cathedral #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #monochrome #photography #nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded


No comments: