Saturday, March 02, 2024

Watching the waves roll in

Energy on display
Port Stanley, ON
September 2023
This photo originally shared on Instagram


It’s been a while since I did this, so I’m sharing this photo as a reminder to myself to get out there again.

To stand on a beach and allow my feet to sink into the sand.

To watch wave after wave crash into the shore for no other reason than it’s incredibly Zen-like to do so.

To feel the breeze on my face.

To listen to the birds argue endlessly with each other as they dive from to sky to sand in search of their next morsel.

To let the spray linger on my bare legs as an all-too-brief reminder that I was here.

To close my eyes and just feel the energy of this place where water meets earth.

To simply appreciate that I get to be here at all.

Because we all have our own beach. Or a similar place that means something to us. To where we return when we need a reminder or two that Planet Earth can be a lovely place if we let it.

We just have to allow ourselves to stand there and take it in.

#portstanley #beach #ldnont #ontario #canada #throwback #great #lake #erie #water #waves #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

Related:
Splat goes the ocean, January 2018
Do the wave, January 2010
Thanks, Bill, August 2009
Where sand meets sea, January 2008
Endless waves, January 2007

No comments: