Monday, March 11, 2024

All signs point to cheese

Wallace and Gromit would be proud
London, ON
March 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


This one needs an explanation. Whenever we hunt and forage for food, I feel compelled to take at least one photo.

Part of me wants to simply remember the ordinary moments, to take time-outs during the most mundane everyday activities. To remind myself that nothing is ever ordinary, and the extraordinary can show itself if we bother to look for it.

One of my unshakable habits involves the signs identifying different sections in the store. I originally focused on taking random pics of funnily-worded signs, but have since branched out to memorable designs and compositions.

There was something about the far corner of the dairy section that spoke to me. It had colour, shading, leading lines, indifferently applied yellow paint, and a non-coincidental cheese connection. Makes sense, doesn’t it?

Wait, scratch that. Not everything needs to make sense. It’s perfectly fine if it’s just a photo or a moment that makes me - and hopefully you - smile.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #grocery #store #signs #shopping #retail #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

Related:
This way, please, January 2022
Bakerv or Bakery? October 2020

No comments: