Sunday, April 24, 2022

The grocery signs that define us

Strange section
London, ON
April 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I have this weird habit. Correction, I have MANY weird habits, but we’ll focus on this one for now.

For the past few months, I’ve been taking random photos of the signs that hang over different sections of the grocery store.

As with so many other of my, ah, peculiarities, I don’t quite know why. I think part of me thinks it’s a fun way to spark reactions from strangers, because the look on their faces as I compose shots like this is priceless.

More seriously, maybe it’s because I see these signs as placeholders, signposts of a reality most folks would normally just ignore. We’re so programmed to automatically move through the routines of day-to-day life that we don’t spend much energy really noticing what’s going on around us.

So we overlook countless little details, like the signs that point us toward the milk. And, in this case, the perogies.

Can’t miss out on the perogies, can we?

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #sobeys #grocery #store #signs #shopping #retail #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

No comments: