Saturday, April 23, 2022

Back in the saddle

When wheels turn
London, ON
March 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I took this pic just over a month ago, on a sunny Sunday afternoon that felt like perfection.

The weather was life-affirming. The paths teemed with countless like-minded folks. A dachshund named Bernadette stuck her nose in my lens as I composed this shot.

It was my first ride of the season, a hopeful kinda day where thoughts of betterlongerfaster rides danced through my head as I rolled along the riverside path. Every first ride should be so gratifying.

Little did any of us know we’d soon be wrestling with the virus we’d studiously avoided for two years. The bikes have sat silent as we’ve slowly recovered.

I’m nowhere near ready to ride either of my machines with any kind of speed or consistency, and I fully expect the experience to wipe me out. But I’ve still got to get back on, even if the gas tank is nowhere near full.

So that’s the plan for today. Low and slow. Feel the wind on my face. Relearn what it’s like to just be out there. Appreciate the moment.

Maybe Bernadette the Dachshund will show up.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #cycling #cyclist #cycle #bicycle #pink #bike #cyclinglife #bikelife #firstride #instabike #random #streetphotography #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

No comments: