Sunday, April 10, 2022

Frozen in time and space

Blink and it's gone forever
Chomedey, Laval, QC
June 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram


#CovidDiary, Day 6

It’s hard to photowalk when you’re having trouble staying vertical.

So you dig through the archives in search of photos and shoots and moments that made you feel something. It’s been an interesting few days rediscovering beloved old pics, a welcome diversion from a relentlessly lousy week.

This is the fountain outside my late father-in-law’s building, taken soon after we lost him three years ago this June. Amid the darkness of a chapter no one wants to write, I had taken my camera outside looking for comfort in some spontaneous shutter therapy.

I found it in the fast moving waters. And even if each shot barely lasted one four-thousandth of a second, it was cathartic to play with the dancing water through glass.

Soon enough I’ll get to play with the shutter again. Until then, I’ll do my best to resurface random snippets from long ago. I hope you enjoy them, too.

#ldnont #CarmisCovidChronicles #covid19 #pandemic #daysix #throwback #monochrome

Frozen water, part 1, January 2021
Frozen water, part 2, January 2021
Frozen water, part 3, January 2021
Hidden figure, January 2018
Statuesque, January 2009
Flashed fountain, December 2006

No comments: