Tuesday, April 05, 2022

My first day on the inside

Random scene from the archives
Toronto, ON
August 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram


#CovidDiary, Day 1*

(I feel like I should be echoing William Shatner’s Captain Kirk. Maybe “Captain’s log” would be a more dramatic entrance for these daily entries from the pandemic isolation ward.

Perhaps. But I just can’t muster the energy. So this is whatcha get.)

As soon as we realized I was positive, my mind flooded with worry about how this would wreck our day to day routine.

Then I stopped myself.

We live in a comfy home and want for nothing. I moved my laptop in, and I can work from the other side of the room. No one’s bombing my neighborhood. The three jabs I’ve had thus far will significantly reduce the severity of whatever happens over the next few days.

And then it’ll be over.

So I’ve got nothing to complain about, and less than zero reason to hold a pity party. Someone always has it worse than we do. And no one should ever complain about a small wave rocking their otherwise well equipped boat.

So I won’t.

Instead I’ll share rando pics from the archives, because I’m sure you don’t want to see my jammies. Do you like this Toronto skyline scene instead? Vintage 2019, even.

More soon…

* The day you test positive is apparently Day Zero. So today, the second day, is really Day One. Weird, I know, but I don’t make the rules. #ldnont #covid19 #pandemic #dayone #throwback

Related:
COVID comes for me, April 2022

No comments: