Saturday, April 23, 2022

Down by the river

Spring runoff
London, ON
April 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


As threatened, I rode the bike today.

No land speed records were set. I believe a turtle may have passed me.

But speed wasn’t the goal today. Getting out was. So was seeing what I was - and was not - capable of.

And through that lens, it was a good day.

It had been a while since I felt the wind in my face. Likewise I forgot what it felt like to fight my way up a hill, to cruise alongside a churning river, and to hear the sounds of the forest mixed in with the soft mechanical sounds of my bike.

In short, getting back to those seemingly simple pleasures was glorious.

And because random smartphone photography is always on the agenda when I ride, I brought this home, too.

Because we all need random moments of peace beside running water. Or wherever it is that feeds our soul.

I think tomorrow may just be another riding day. Where should I go next?

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #tvp #kilally #meadows #thames #river #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

No comments: