Friday, April 22, 2022

Grass, snow, and memory

Overgrown
London, ON
February 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


The grass-choked pond you see here is usually hidden from the path by a thick line of trees.

Except in winter, when everything opens up and what was once hidden is suddenly Right There.

The grasses and bulrushes stretch clear across to the treeline, a riot of life and energy and stuff in a place most people don’t even know exists.

I took this in February, which may as well be a lifetime ago given how quickly time now seems to slip by. I’m sure if I went back today, it would look completely different. And soon enough, I’ll have to hike through dense forest to even see it.

I’ll have to bring my camera along. I’m sure Mother Nature’s done wonders with the place.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #throwback #westminster #ponds #walkabout #forest #tree #trees #bulrush #winter #weather #wx #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photooftheday #picoftheday #pictureoftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

No comments: