Monday, January 10, 2022

This way, please

Sign of the times
London, ON
January 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Remember those arrow stickers that showed up on the floors of retail stores and other public spaces in the early stages of the pandemic?

They largely disappeared around last summer as we lulled ourselves into believing things would open up soon.

We all know what happened next. And given Omicron's greater transmissibility, it kinda makes sense for strangers to stay as far away from each other as possible.

I can't explain why I chose this particular arrow sticker to shoot. I think freezer aisles with highly polished floors speak to me. And I think looking for the light in strange places like this is one of the ways we're all going to make it through this next chapter.

So if I see you also framing up the supermarket floor the next time I'm there for some double-chocolate ice cream, I'll quietly wave at a distance before leaving you be.

Deal?

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #metro #cheapside #adelaide #grocery #shopping #retail #store #arrow #covid #pandemic #kindness #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

Related:
Sour cream down! June 2021

No comments: