Sunday, July 14, 2024

Where the lawn and the sun play together

Edgy
London, ON
July 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


At 8:24 on a Saturday morning, our dog stops to sniff the grass under the sun. Because I happen to be holding the other end of her leash, I stop, too.

As I watch her superpowered nose do its thing, I catch sight of the long shadows being cast by the overgrown lawn onto the concrete sidewalk. It’s a tiny detail I probably would have missed out on had I not sauntered by with an overly curious Schnauzer.

That chance thing again.

I quietly compose the scene with my smartphone as she just as quietly does her thing. It’s a wordless dance of ours, something we’ve slowly evolved in the seven years since she found us.

I see a lot of things when we’re out here, all because she always seems to point us both in the right direction. She’s got quite the vision, this little one, and I’m certain tomorrow’s walk will serve up its own eye-opening moments.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #sidewalk #shadow #roadside #grass #concrete #stilllife #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photography

Related:
Shadows on brick, October 2022

No comments: