Friday, June 04, 2010

Sliver of hope


Find the blue
London, ON, April 2009

It's perfectly acceptable to have the kind of day that makes you wonder why the world often seems to be less than fair. No one would begrudge you going to bed early, then staying under the covers the next morning in a pyjama-clad, belated attempt to keep things from getting worse.

But when the clouds are swirling in every direction and it seems like everything is on the verge of going to hell in a handbasket, don't miss an opportunity to go outside, anyway, and look the chaos right in the eye. Because as this picture taught me, hope often presents itself in the most unexpectedly subtle ways. We just have to take the time to look.

Your turn: Please share your own cloudy vision by clicking here.

6 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Love the dark, charcoal-gray clouds with that tiny bit of blue showing! Did you make any adjustments or is that exactly how the camera captured it?

Sage said...

Some of the times I've felt most alive is when caught outdoors in a storm... love the picture

Tracie Nall said...

Beautiful...something inside me always feels more peaceful in the midst of a storm.

I love that little bit of blue peeking out!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi Carmi-
That's a great little sliver of blue there! Wish my cam was as lovely crystal clear as yours-
I just posted a cloudy beach scene altered to be more colorful!
All my days off in a month now have been rainy, overcast, n foggy!
You're right! As long as it isin't a tornado warning or pouring buckets, getting out with the cam is always the highlight of my day!

carmilevy said...

Karen: This is pretty much as it was off of the camera. I'm not one to heroically PhotoShop photos. I believe in telling the story of the moment, and that's hard to do when you create something in software that has little to do with reality.

The most invasive I get is the occasional adjustments to light levels and cropping.

... Paige said...

thanks for your kind visit, it's good to see ya.

Let peace pour down and blue skies carry hope from one end of the world to the other and all points inbetween.

And I agree, photo shop is for fun not doctoring pictures into being photos. There are too many great photographs out there waiting to be taken