Thursday, June 03, 2010

Thematic Photographic 100 - Into the Clouds


Water and light
Richmond Hill, ON, November 2009


Hard to believe this is the 100th Thematic Photographic theme. It all started* two years ago tomorrow as a simple way of trying to give my four readers an opportunity to expand their optical horizons, a humble means of spreading the photographic joy. As so often happens in my world, it evolved beyond the original vision, and in the process it took on a bit of a life of its own.

It's been a joy for me, and I hope it's been a joy for you, too. More importantly, I hope it'll continue to be a joy for us all. If you're game, I'll keep coming up with themes. And if you're game, I hope you'll keep coming up with the kind of photographic inspiration that keeps me continually reaching for my camera. This theme thing cuts both ways, after all, and it's because of everyone who participates in this silly little weekly diversion that Thematic Photographic has become something I look forward to shepherding no matter how chaotic the planet professes to be.

Your turn: If you know the rules, you know what to do. If you don't, click here. At the end of the day, it's simple: Shoot, then post, then share a link here. And have fun. Because that's why we're all here in the first place, right?

*...here, if you're interested in a bit of history.

Oops, almost forgot: The theme...Into the Clouds. Thanks to Johnina Young for suggesting it. If you've got a theme you'd like us to tackle, I'm all ears.

14 comments:

bripolo12 said...

Looks like I get to be the first one to comment. I so enjoy your themes every week, and so excited to see #100. Here's to many more. Thanks for all of your hard work Carmi. Here is my submission for this week:
http://brianareynoldsphotography.blogspot.com/2010/05/lensday-clouds.html

Culture Served Raw said...

Hi Carmi, I've just scrolled through your previous posts and have to say I love your work! Great writing, fresh insights and lovely pictures.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

My entry is here. Thanks for keeping the T.P. going, Carmi!

Unknown said...

The western side of Florida receives the most thunderstorms in the USA, averaging 100 days of storms per year.
I took this shot when we first arrived here in the mid '90's, and I remember feeling very amazed by how powerful they were,
and how foreboding the skies could become within minutes! These storms can often be extraordinarily violent, and (justifiably)
you ought to seek immediate cover when they approach. (Unless you are a plain fool with a camera!)

My entry is here

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

happy 100th birthday!
Here is Mine

Jean said...

Coincidence! I'd posted a blog on the Monsoon with a snap of the clouds, & a set of ramblings. So here it is.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Shhh!(you have more than 4 readers mister!)

fredamans said...

Beautiful photo! I love this theme this week! Clouds are one of my favorite muses.

Here is my INTO THE CLOUDS:
http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/06/thematic-into-clouds.html

Sorry I'm not an html-er, so have no idea how to do the "click here" thing.

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

I couldn't resist another....


http://dennisthemennis.blogspot.com/2010/06/into-clouds-v2-thematic-photographic.html

SquirrelQueen said...

Beautiful shot. Your Thematic Photographic theme is very interesting, maybe I will join in sometime.

I saw your link on another blog and thought I would take a look.

Gilly said...

Well, I got the title wrong and typed Up in the clouds instead, but its still my offering!

Melanie said...

I'm participating here for the first time. Here's my submission.

Mona Sweden said...

Happy 100th anniversary!

Unknown said...

Another one from a couple years back...Here in Florida, you literally never know what you might see when you walk out the front door!
In this case, the hot sun was creating a very interesting effect from behind some clouds.
Check it out here