Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Strange light from above


In the round
London, ON, June 2010
[Click photo to embiggen]

About this photo: We're slowly winding down Thematic Photographic's celebration of the world of geometry. I probably have a shape or two left in me before posting the new theme tomorrow (Wednesday) at 7 p.m. ET. If you do, too, click here to kickstart the festivities.
There's something to be said for staring up when everyone else is looking ahead. You get the occasional - or not-so-occasional - stare and even the odd scowl, especially when you raise your camera and start shooting.

I understand the stares, but the scowls confuse me. I guess sheep don't want anyone else deviating from the herd.

Your turn: Do you conform or not? Why/why not?

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

HEY!!!!!!!! I took a picture almost IDENTICAL to this over the weekend!! The people that I were with were entertained when I stopped right in the center of the Hilton's lobby and pointed the camera straight up :) I am all about an interesting shot...no matter where you have to stand to get it :)

Jeannette StG said...

Nice pic! No, I don't conform -why exactly would I?

theMuddledMarketPlace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
theMuddledMarketPlace said...

i don't

life would be easier if i could

but i think that maybe it wouldn't be so interesting

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrey Dorokhov said...

nice angle

Anonymous said...

Hi, can you share the exact date and time of these photo? Do you have more? I'm a research scientist and found this match with the conclusions of my research results.