Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Seeing the forest for the trees

Sea of green
London, ON
June 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram
Just outside our front door, there's an evergreen bush that's been there for as long as we've called this place home.

It's pruned down to a near perfect cube, a straight-sided wall of textured green that seems to defy its very roots in nature.

As I come and go, I often linger over this apparently unremarkable piece of greenery. Because it's anything but unremarkable, with shoots that take on new tones depending on how much rain, sun, heat or cold they are exposed to. I'd like to imagine they're simply reflecting the world that nurtures them.

And as I continue to stare, I notice how our little bush seemingly plays with perspective. I could be staring at a bush from a few centimetres away, or I could be looking at a forest's canopy from high above.

It's a scene that makes me smile as I think about what this could mean. I settle on two distinct possibilities:

- All is not always as it seems.
- And wonder plays out in the most unexpected places, often literally right beside the front door.

I'll take this as a reminder to keep looking for that wonder wherever I can find it.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #random #urban #suburban #street #photography #green #bush #perspective #life #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: