Saturday, January 09, 2021

Frozen water, part 2

Dance with me, please
Delray Beach. FL
December 2017
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Earlier today, I shared a shot of a water fountain stream frozen in mid-flight.

Doing so made me happy, which I realize may sound trivial to the point of irrelevance, but I assure you it is neither trivial, nor irrelevant.

Here’s the thing: photography is good for my mental health. From wandering around with a camera in my hand to sizing up the shot to post-production and sharing the results here, it’s something that brings me joy.

And when I flip through them years later, I’m brought back to the moment I took them. Which, as you’ve probably guessed, brings me even more joy.

And given the current state of the planet, the nastiness, the prevalence of misinformation, and the continued double whammy of pandemic and economic hardship, I hope you’ll forgive me if I take an occasional time-out to stare at pictures.

Or share more than one from a tiny chapter that I’d like to revisit.

You’re always welcome to join me.

#delray #beach #florida #throwback #water #fountain #frozen #road #trip #travel #travelphotography #travelgram #vacation #explore #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #dslr #high #speed #photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: