Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Mercury on textured water

Reflecting the forest above
London, ON
February 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I’ll apologize now for all the water pics in my feed this week.

Sometimes my head just gets wrapped around something, and exploring it for a bit seems to make me feel a little better about Planet Earth and my place on it.

In this case, I keep coming back to that fact that water is clear and colourless, yet if the conditions are just right, and you stand right there, and you look at it just so, it’ll take on a completely new and different look.

Like a mirror. Like liquid mercury. Like magic, really.

Because we all need magic. Indeed, I need magic. And this, to me, is magical.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #medway #forest #thames #river #valley #tree #winter #weather #wx #water #reflective #reflection #texture #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

No comments: