Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Technical adjustment now complete

The real me
London, ON
February 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Aaand we’re back…

Had a bit of a cybersecurity adventure over the past couple of days, as my Instagram account had been compromised by a cryptocurrency-swilling hacker who pretended - badly - to be me.

Many thanks to everyone who reached out, submitted reports, and made sure I was still, you know, me.

Thanks to the good folks at Meta, particularly Alex Kucharski, who worked miracles to resolve my case. My account is thankfully restored.

So let’s get back to the serious business of sharing pixels and words, shall we? We’ll start with photographic proof that this is actually me.

Onward…

P.S. Consider this your reminder to activate 2FA (2-factor authentication) on ALL of your online accounts. If you aren't sure what that is, hit me up with a DM.

No comments: