Saturday, May 21, 2022

Finding flowers and friendship in the valley

Yellow. Fleeting.
London, ON
May 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


The other day while walking the dog through the nearby valley, I came across a grey-haired woman with a friendly face.

She was crossing from one side of the path to the other, looking intently into the wild undergrowth by its edge.

I thought she was looking for a lost something-or-other, so I asked her if everything was ok. She laughed and said she was just admiring the wildflowers.

Relieved, I looked a little more closely and saw them for the first time. We bantered for a few minutes about the fleeting beauty just below our line of sight, and why we should always take the time to go looking for it.

She complimented Calli for being on her best behavior, and was rewarded with a gentle nose bump on the back of her hand. Our dog knows how to turn on the charm.

Before our new flower-admiring friend went on her way, I promised her I’d come back and take a picture. I don’t think she’s big on social media, but I hope she sees this someday and appreciates the simple joy of a random moment with a stranger.

We could all use more of those.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #medway #valley #forest #yellow #flower #flowers #stilllife #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

Related:
After the rain, May 2018
Caption This 117, April 2009

No comments: